Jeanine Genkinger, PhD: Director
Joel Gabre, MD: Assistant Director
Julia McGuinness, MD: Assistant Director
Lisa S. Lee Paulino, BS: Resource Manager
The central function of the DBSR is to:
- Provide oversight and infrastructure for the development and maintenance of cancer-related clinical databases and biobanks for collection of data and biospecimens.
- Enable linkage to clinical data and tumor registry data through a secure portal.
- To procure and maintain a repository of human biological samples, clinical data and epidemiologic data for distribution to investigators, while also protecting the confidentiality of individuals donating to the repository in the course of their medical care and/or research participation.
- To support and facilitate cancer research in the context of IRB and HIPAA regulations by articulating and implementing criteria allowing the acquisition, storage, and distribution for research use of such data and specimens with or without linkage to personal health identifiers.
See the user fees and policies link for a detailed description of DBSR services, resources available in each database, link to the on-line request form to access these databases, and fee schedule. For all service inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Existing clinical databases and biobanks at the Cancer Center:
- High Risk Breast Registry
- Breast Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome/Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
- Tumor Bank
- Endocrine tumor
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Merkel Cell Carcinoma
- Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
Locations and Contacts
Database email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanine Genkinger, PhD
Joel Gabre, MD
Julia McGuinness, MD
The Database Shared Resource provides oversight and infrastructure for the development and maintenance of clinical databases and links them to existing biobanks. Researchers have access to the following services:
- Coordinate with the Department of Pathology and the Molecular Pathology Shared Resource (MPSR) to inventory samples that have matching clinical data.
- Resources to initiate Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols utilizing the clinical databases and biobanks, including access to regulatory staff in the Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO) Shared Resource for clinical trials.
- Epidemiologic support to review study questionnaires and survey instruments used in these databases, including development of web-based surveys (i.e., Qualtrics).
- Coordinate the transfer of relevant clinical data from the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) Tumor Registry and Electronic Health Record (i.e., CROWN, Eclipsys, WebCIS) using TRAC forms, including tumor characteristics, treatment information, and clinical outcomes.
- Provide quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) services for clinical information collected from database participants.
- Coordinate the collection of biospecimens from database participants, including tissue, in conjunction with the Molecular Pathology Shared Resource, and blood, urine, etc., in conjunction with the Biomarkers Shared Resource for the Cancer Center.
- Provide an updated inventory of data collected in the clinical databases, including number of subjects recruited and available biospecimens.
- Conduct queries of the clinical databases, including the ability to screen and re-contact database participants for potential enrollment in future clinical studies.
- Oversee a Scientific Review Committee, which will review research proposals to utilize the clinical databases and biobanks.
- Compile an ongoing list of active investigators and projects utilizing these clinical databases, as well as grant funding and publications that arise from this research.
Database and Biobanking Shared Resource Rates
|Service||Rate||Member Rate||External Rate|
|Consented ‐ data entry||$11.76||$10.00||$18.82|
|Questionnaire ‐ Data Entry||$16.76||$15.00||$26.82|
|DNA Extraction from Blood||$37.65||$32.00||$60.24|
|DNA Extraction from Saliva||$27.06||$23.00||$43.30|
|Hourly recruiter costs||$70.59||$62.00||$112.94|
|Hourly Data Manager Costs||$76.47||$67.00||$122.35|
|IRB‐ New Submission||$941.18||$800.00||$1,505.89|
|IRB ‐ Renewal||$647.06||$550.00||$1,035.30|
The Database Shared Resource uses the iLab Core Management System for service requests and billing. Before you can request services, you must log into iLab and be approved as a lab member.