The weekly DNA Dynamics Webinar Series, Social DNAing, sponsored by the Cancer Genomics and Epigenomics Program of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University, aims to provide a virtual meeting room for the genomic instability community across the world.
The series began on June 18th, 2020. The talks begin at Noon ET (U.S.) every Thursday via Zoom.
Join our mailing list to receive weekly webinar announcements. Registration is free, but required for attending the webinar.
A confirmation email including an unsubscription option should reach you shortly upon successful email signup. A Zoom webinar link should follow the registration. If you did not receive the confirmation or the zoom link, please check the email address and try again. Please note webinar sign up is required to receive the Zoom link and can not be substituted by email signup.
Spring/Summer 2023 Webinars
May 11th: Helle Ulrich – IMB Mainz
- How to replicate damaged DNA
May 18th: Sherif El-Khamisy – University of Sheffield
- Chromosomal Break Repair at Gene Regulatory Elements
May 25th: Kyle Malcolm Miller – University of Texas at Austin
- Chromatin Mechanisms of Genome Integrity
June 1st: Andrew Blackford – Oxford University
- Novel insights into how the Bloom syndrome helicase maintains genome stability
June 8th: Matthias Altmeyer – University of Zurich
- Dynamics and functions of DNA repair compartments
June 15th: Danny Reinberg – New York University
- Polycomb, Inheritance and Disease
June 22nd: Laura J. Niedernhofer – University of Minnesota
- The role of DNA damage and cellular senescence in driving aging
June 29th: Rising Stars
- Peggy Pei-Chi Wei – German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
- "Genome Dynamics in the Developing Neuronal Cells"
- Thomas Clarke – Harvard Medical School
- "Resection extension factor-1 (REF-1) links DNA double strand break repair to 22q11.2 distal deletion syndrome"
- Shintaro Yamada – Kyoto University
- "A functional link between DNA double-strand break repair and the early transcriptional response to the sex hormone"
July 6th: Massimo Lopes – University of Zurich
- Replication fork plasticity in cancer and stem cells
July 13th: Ben Black – University of Pennsylvania
- Learning about the mitotic stability of natural chromosomes to make new ones
July 20th: Kai Ge – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Enhancer regulation by H3K4me1 methyltransferases in differentiation, development and cancer
July 27th: John Petrini – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Genetic Analysis Double Strand Break Repair
August 3rd: Bik-Kwoon Tye – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Forty-plus years of eukaryotic DNA replication
August 10th: Sven Rottenberg – The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
- The study of mechanisms of anti-cancer therapy resistance using mouse models for BRCA1/2-mutated breast cancer
August 17th: Michele Pagano – New York University & Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Cyclin D1 determines the activity of DNA mismatch repair in the G1 and S phases of the cell cycle
August 24th: Rising Stars
- Weixing Zhao – University of Texas Health at San Antonio
- "BRCA1-BARD1 E3 Ligase Licenses Early and Later Stages of Homology-Directed Repair"
- Glennis Logsdon – University of Washington
- "The variation and evolution of human centromeres"
- Henriette Stoy – University Zurich
- "Direct visualization of transcription-replication conflicts reveals post-replicative DNA:RNA hybrids"
August 31st: Anna Malkova – University of Iowa
- Break-Induced replication: genetics, kinetics and induced mutagenesis
September 7th: Martijn S. Luijsterburg – Leiden University Medical Center
- Molecular mechanisms in transcription-coupled DNA repair
September 14th: John C. Schimenti – Cornell University
- Impacts of Genome Instability during Development
September 21st: Julian Sale – University of Cambridge
- Replication and genome evolution
September 28th: Fabrizio d'Adda di Fagagna – IFOM
- RNA synthesis at DSB
October 5th: Lilian Kabeche – Yale University
- Redefining the function of ATR in genome stability
October 12th: Rising STARs
- Priyanka Verma – Washington University
- Gilad Evrony – New York University
- Wei Wu – The Chinese Academy of Sciences
October 19th: Jeannine Gerhardt – Cornell University
October 26th: Feilong Meng – The Chinese Academy of Sciences
November 2nd: Jeff Gelles – Brandeis University
November 9th: TBA
November 16th: Susan Lees-Miller – University of Calgary
November 30th: Sabrina Leigh Spencer – University of Colorado
December 7th: Ian D. Hickson – University of Copenhagen
December 14th: Johnathan Whetstine – Fox Chase Cancer Center
December 21st: Guoming Li – UT Southwestern
January 5, 2023
- Angelos Constantinou – IGH Montpellier
- "Compartmentalization of the DNA damage response: mechanisms and functions"
January 12, 2023
- David Pellman – Harvard Medical School
- Mechanisms driving rapid genome evolution
January 19, 2023
- Daniele Fachinetti – Institute Curie
- Mechanisms that control genome integrity at human centromeres
January 26, 2023
- Don Cleveland – UCSD
- Evolution of Genome Instability in Cancer
February 2, 2023
- Jennifer Phillips-Cremins – University of Pennsylvania
- Heterochromatinization and folding of the repetitive genome
February 9, 2023
- Bruce Stillman – Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Initiation of Chromosome Replication
February 16, 2023: Rising Stars
- Teresa Davoli – NYU
- Dissecting the consequences of chromosomal aneuploidy in cancer
- Zhi Qi – Peking University
- Deciphering the dynamic mechanism of multiple Replication Protein A molecules binding to long single-stranded DNA
- Courtney Clark-Hachtel – UNC Chapel Hill
- Mechanisms of extreme survival: Uncovering how tardigrades can tolerate extreme radiation
February 23, 2023
- Samuel Bakhoum – MSKCC
- How chromosomal instability drives cancer progression
March 2, 2023
- Yi Zhang – Harvard University
- eccDNAs: Mechanism of Biogenesis & Functions
March 9, 2023
- Maria Spies – University of Iowa
- Replication protein A dynamics in cellular decision making
March 16, 2023
- Catherine Freudenreich – Tufts University
- Prevention of expansion and fragility of structure-forming repeats
March 23, 2023
- Hongtao Yu – Westlake University
- Genome folding by cohesin
March 30, 2023
- Carl Wu – Johns Hopkins University
- The Biogenesis and Maintenance of Chromatin Accessibility
April 6, 2023
- Iestyn Whitehouse – MSKCC
- High-Resolution Views of DNA Replication
April 13, 2023
- Zhongsheng You – Washington University
- A Ca2+-mediated signaling pathway for the protection of stressed replication forks
April 20, 2023: Rising STARs
- Shrabasti Roychoudhury – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- High-throughput screening strategy identifies a novel regulator of replication stress response
- Meng Wang – Cornell University
- Genotoxic aldehydes in cancer and ageing
- Vu Nguyen – Johns Hopkins University
- Transcription regulation in living cells at single-molecule resolution
April 27, 2023
- Thanos Halazonetis — University of Geneva
- DNA replication stress and cancer
May 4, 2023
- Andreas Hochwagen – New York University
- Sources and function of rDNA instability
January 6, 2022
- John Tainer, PhD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- "Non-B DNA and Nucleases at the Repair/Replication Interface and their Cancer Biology"
January 13, 2022
- Eric Greene, PhD, Columbia University
- "Single Molecule Studies of Homologous Recombination"
January 20, 2022
- Samuel H. Sternberg, PhD, Columbia University
- "Targeted DNA Integration using CRISPR RNA-Guided Transposases"
January 27, 2022
- Geneviève Almouzni, PhD, Institute Curie
- "A Parisian View on H3 Variants and Cell Fate"
February 3, 2022
- Stewart Shuman, PhD, MSKCC
- "DNA Repair in Mycobacteria: a Helicase Perspective"
Feb 10, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Bob Reid, PhD, Columbia University
- "Separation of Function Mutants Illuminate the Role of RAD5 in DNA Replication and Repair"
- Yael Nechemia-Arbely PhD, University of Pittsburgh
- "Human Centromeres Drift Trough Cellular Proliferation"
- Tom Deegan PhD, University of Edinbergh, MRC Human Genetics
- "Mechanisms and Regulation of DNA Replication Termination"
February 17, 2022
- Nima Mosammaparast, MD, PhD, Washington
- "RNA Damage: The Canary in the Coal Mine?"
February 24, 2022
- Yuan He, PhD, Northwestern University
- "Structural basis of DNA double-strand break repair by NHEJ"
March 3, 2022
- Joachim Lingner, PhD, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research (ISREC)
- "TERRA R-loops and the challenges of telomere maintenance"
March 10, 2022
- Dirk Remus, PhD, MSKCC
- "Mechanism of Sliding Clamp Loading in DNA Replication and DNA Damage Checkpoint Signaling"
March 17, 2022
- Niels Mailand, PhD, Novo Nordisk Foundation
- "SUMO Signaling in Genome Stability Maintenance"
March 24, 2022
- John Maciejowski, PhD, MSKCC
- "Innate Immunity to Genomic Instability"
March 31, 2022
- Takehiko Kobayashi, PhD, The University of Tokyo
- "It's an rDNA World"
April 7, 2022
- Dale Ramsden, PhD, University of North Carolina
- "Nonhomologous and Theta-Mediated End Joining"
April 14, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Justin W. Leung, PhD, UAMS
- "Chromatin-Based DNA Damage Response Pathway"
- Benjamin Stinson. PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "How Non-Homologous End Joining Minimizes Errors"
- Susanna Stroik, PhD, UNC
- "Identification of a Key TMEJ Accessory Factor"
April 21, 2022
- Daniel De Carvalho, PhD, University of Toronto
- "Epigenetic Regulation of Endogenous Retroelements as an Emerging Vulnerability and Therapeutic Opportunity in Cancer Treatment and Interception"
April 28, 2022
- Brian McStay, PhD, Univeristy of Galway
- "Chromosomal context underpins nucleolar formation and rDNA genomic stability in human cells"
May 5, 2022
- Madalena Tarsounas – University of Oxford
- "BRCA2 prevents DNA damage at early, but not late, replication origins"
May 12, 2022
- Maria Pia Longhese – University of Milano-Bicocca
- "Functions and regulation of the MRX and Ku protein complexes at DNA double-strand breaks"
May 19, 2022
- Jessica Tyler – Weill Cornell Medicine
- "Novel mechanisms regulating DNA end resection "
May 26, 2022
- Laura Landweber – Columbia University
- "Oxytricha's scrambled genome"
May 5, 2022
- Madalena Tarsounas – University of Oxford
- "BRCA2 prevents DNA damage at early, but not late, replication origins"
June 2, 2022
- Andrew Deans – St. Vincent's Institute
- "Regulation and Roles of FANCI:FANCD2 Monoubiquitination"
June 9, 2022
- Daochun Kong – Peking University
- "Cellular Regulation and Stability of DNA replication forks in eukaryotic cells"
June 16, 2022
- David Gilbert – San Diego Biomedical Research Institute
- "Regulation of Replication Timing and Chromosome Architecture"
June 23, 2022
- Junjie Chen – MD Anderson Cancer Center
- "Targeting DNA Damage Repair Pathways in Cancer Therapy"
June 30, 2022
- Robin Allshire – University of Edinburgh
- "Epigenetic Regulation, Heterochromatin and Fungal Resistance"
July 7, 2022
- Bertrand Llorente – CNRS Marseille
- "Homologous Recombination in Yeasts"
July 14, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Robert Gnügge – Columbia University
- "The Sequence and Chromatin Context Influences Mre11-Rad50-Xrs2 Nicking at DNA Double-Strand Breaks"
- Sihan Wu – University of Texas Southwestern
- "Modern Biology of Extrachromosomal DNA in Human Cancer"
- Charles Ishak – Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/University of Toronto
- "Endogenous Retrotransposons and the Viral Mimicry Response During Early Tumorigenesis"
July 21, 2022
- Brittany S Adamson – Princeton University
- "Mapping the Processes of DNA Repair During Genome Editing"
July 28, 2022
- Hilda Pickett – Children's Medical Research Institute
- "Telomere Replication Stress: The Beginning and the End for ALT Cancers"
August 4, 2022
- Guoliang Xu – Chinese Academy of Sciences
- "DNA cytosine modifications - the inheritance of parental influence beyond sequences"
August 11, 2022
- Qing Li – Peking University
- "Replisome and histone chaperon orchestrate to guide histone partitioning during DNA replication"
August 18, 2022
- Scott Williams – National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- "Molecular Mechanisms of DNA Repair Factors Impacted in Heritable Ataxia Syndromes"
August 25, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Leng Siew Yeap – Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine
- "The Genetic Pathways of Beneficial and Detrimental Insertions-Deletions"
- Feng Li – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- "The regulation of DNA repair pathway choice"
- Nausica Arnoult – Univ. of Colorado Boulder
- "Function of APE2 in DNA double-strand break repair"
September 1, 2022
- Rodney Rothstein – Columbia University
- "Seeing is believing: break-induced mitotic recombination from 1936 to 2022"
September 8, 2022
- Alan D'Andrea – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- "Overcoming PARP Inhibitor Resistance"
September 15, 2022
- Dorthe Helena Larsen – Danish Cancer Society Research Center
- "rDNA instability and the nucleolar DNA damage response response"
September 22, 2022
- Dipanjan Chowdhury – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- "Expanding the scope of DNA repair factors- novel roles and applications"
September 29, 2022
- Fumiko Esashi – University of Oxford
- "Homologous Recombination: How, When, and Where Does It Act in Human Cells?"
October 6, 2022
- Alice Pyne – University of Sheffield
- "Ravelling the structure of supercoiled DNA with base-pair resolution"
October 13, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Aurele Piazza – Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- "Chromatin folding: role in recombinational break repair and implications for genome stability"
- Saini, Natalie – Medical University of South Carolina
- "The mutation signature of acetaldehyde exposure in yeast and cancers"
- Matt Yousefzadeh – University of Minnesota
- "Endogenous DNA damage as a driver of aging and dysfunction"
October 20, 2022
- Joseph Yeeles – MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
- "The Eukaryotic Replisome: Structure and Mechanism"
October 27, 2022
- Songtao Jia – Columbia University
- "Mechanism of heterochromatin assembly"
November 3, 2022
- Michela Di Virgilio – Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine
- "Molecular Determinants of Antibody Gene Diversification"
November 10, 2022
- Zhiguo Zhang – Columbia University
- "DNA replication coupled nucleosome assembly in the maintenance of genome and epigenome integrity"
November 17, 2022
- Thomas Helleday – Karolinska Institutet-Science Life Lab
- "Targeting oxidative DNA repair"
December 1, 2022 (Rising Stars)
- Svasti Haricharan – Sanford Burnham Prebys
- "DNA repair proteins in cancer: multi-tasking superheroes"
- Luke Yates – Imperial College London
- "PIKK-ing apart the DNA Damage Response"
- Raquel Cuella-Martin – McGill University
- "Precision genome editing screens to study gene (and protein) function"
December 8, 2022
- Roland Kanaar – Erasmus MC University Medical Center
- "How a cancer-testis antigen interferes with BRCA2 function"
December 15, 2022
- Karl-Peter Hopfner – Ludwig-Maximilians-University
- "Mechanism of Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 in DNA double-strand break repair"
December 16, 2021
- Danesh Moazed, PhD, Harvard University
- "How Epigenetic Memory is Propagated"
December 9, 2021
- Karim Labib, PhD, University of Dundee
- "Destroying the Eukaryotic Replisome"
December 2, 2021
- Andrés Aguilera, PhD, CABIMER
- "Prevention and Resolution of R Loop-mediated Transcription-Replication Conflicts"
November 18, 2021
- Sarah Lambert, PhD, Curie Institute
- "The resolution of replication stress in space and time in fission yeast"
November 11, 2021
- Alessandro Vindigni, PhD, Washington University
- "Linking replication fork dynamics to chemotherapy response"
November 4, 2021
- Jue Wang, PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- "Control of DNA Replication in Bacteria"
October 28, 2021
- Kara Bernstein, PhD, University of Pittsburgh
October 21, 2021
- Xin Chen, PhD, Johns Hopkins University & HHMI
- "Breaking symmetry: asymmetric histone inheritance in multicellular organisms"
October 14, 2021
- Steve Bell, PhD, MIT
- "Single-molecule Studies of Eukaryotic DNA Replication"
October 7, 2021
- Johannes Walter, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- “The Mechanism of Vertebrate Replication Termination”
September 30, 2021
- Marco Foiani, PhD, IFOM
- "Mechanisms coordinating the clash between replication and transcription"
September 23, 2021
- Xiaolan Zhao, PhD, MSKCC
- "Understanding Smc5/6: from functions to structures"
September 16, 2021
- Agnel Sfeir, PhD, NYU
- "A tale of two genomes: DNA repair in the mitochondria and the nucleus "
September 9, 2021
- Jim Haber, PhD, Brandeis University
- "Mutations arising during repair of a broken chromosome"
September 2, 2021
- Rising STARS
- Jaewon Min, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Jean Gautier)
- "Mechanisms of chromosomal insertions"
- Christian Zierhut, PhD, The Institute of Cancer Research (Recommended by Alberto Ciccia)
- "Cancer cell fate decisions by innate immune self-DNA sensing"
- Agnieszka Lukaszewicz, PhD, MSKCC (Recommended by Maria Jasin)
- “Mutagenic outcomes at recombination hotspots in mouse germlines”
- Jaewon Min, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Jean Gautier)
August 26, 2021
- Jan Karlseder, PhD, Salk Institute
- "A telomere driven nucleus to mitochondria pathway prevents cancer initiation"
August 19, 2021
- Irene Chiolo, PhD, USC
- "DNA repair mechanisms in heterochromatin"
August 12, 2021
- Zhenkun Lou, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- "Regulation of DNA End Resection"
August 5, 2021
- Joseph Loparo, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Keeping it together: mechanistic studies of non-homologous end joining"
July 29, 2021
- Chao Lu, PhD, Columbia University
- "Interplay between histone and DNA methylation in development and disease"
July 22, 2021
- Rising STARS
Alison Taylor, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Shan Zha/Jean Gautier)
"Functional and Computational Approaches to Studying Chromosome Arm Aneuploidy"
Dan Semlow, PhD, California Institute of Technology (Recommended by Judith Campbell)
"Programmed formation of a DNA protein cross-link during DNA inter-strand cross-link repair"
Jennifer Urban, PhD, Johns Hopkins University (Recommended by Xin Chen)
"Studying DNA replication-dependent asymmetric histone incorporation in Drosophila germ cells using genomics"
July 15, 2021
- Geeta Narlikar, PhD, UCSF
- "Heterochromatin through the lens of phase separation."
July 8, 2021
- Ross Chapman, PhD, Oxford University
- “Regulation of DSB repair pathway choice by BRCA1, 53BP1 and friends”
July 1, 2021
- John Pascal, PhD, University of Montreal
- "PARP enzymes in the cellular response to DNA damage."
June 24, 2021
- Andrew Jackson, PhD, The University of Edinburgh
- "Human disorders of genome instability and replication"
June 17, 2021
- Yonghao Yu, PhD, UT Southwestern
- "Protein Poly-ADP-Ribosylation: Identification, Regulation and Translation."
June 10, 202
- Upasana Roy, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Eric Greene)
- "Single-molecule insights into the role of Rad51 paralogs in homologous recombination"
- Bo-Ruei Chen, PhD, University of Alabama (Recommended by Barry Sleckman)
- Francesca Mattiroli, PhD, Hubrecht Institute (Recommended by Barry Sleckman)
- "Mechanism of nucleosome assembly during DNA replication"
June 3, 2021
- Gaëlle Legube, PhD, University of Toulouse
- "Chromatin and chromosome dynamics at DNA Double Strand Breaks"
May 27, 2021
- Karolin Luger, PhD, University of Colorado/HHMI
- "Interesting stuff about Parp1 and its inhibitors"
May 20, 2021
- Dr. Sharon Cantor, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- "Focusing on the Gaps in Chemotherapy Response"
May 20, 2021
- Dr. Angela Eggleston, Nature
- Dr. Lara Szewczak, Cell
- Dr. Julian Sale,
- MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Executive Editor, Nucleic Acids Research
- Dr. Brian Plosky, Molecular Cell
- Dr. Jie Wang, Nature Cell Biology
- Dr. Beth Moorefield, Nature Structural and Molecular Biology
- Dr. Anne Mirabella, Nature Communications
- "Meet the Editors at 10 am"
May 13, 2021
- Titia de Lange, PhD, Rockefeller University
- "Telomeres and cancer: tumor suppression and genome instability."
May 6, 2021
- Eli Rothenberg, PhD, NYU
- "Uncovering Key Processes in Replication Fork Remodeling and Repair via Single-Molecule Imaging."
April 29, 2021
- Scott Keeney, PhD, MSKCC
- "Mechanism and regulation of meiotic recombination initiation"
April 22, 2021
- Andre Nussenzweig, PhD, NIH/NCI
- "Maintenance of Genome Stability"
April 15, 2021
- Anthony K. L. Leung, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- "Tools to investigate poly(ADP-ribose) biology in DNA damage and beyond"
April 8, 2021
- Vincenzo Constanzo, PhD, IFOM
- "Understanding causes and consequences of DNA replication stress"
April 1, 2021
- Chris Lord, PhD, The Institute of Cancer Research
- "Exploiting synthetic lethality to target cancer"
March 25, 2021
- Maria Jasin, PhD, MSKCC
- "Life without the BRCA2 DBD"
March 18, 2021 - RISING STARS
- Arvind Panday, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Genetic Interaction between BRCA1 and FANCM in stalled fork repair"
- James M Daley, PhD, University of Texas, San Antonio
- "BRCA1-BARD1 functions in homologous recombination"
- Corentin Claeys Bouuaert, PhD, UC Louvain
- "Novel insights into the formation of meiotic DNA double-strand breaks"
March 11, 2021
- Andrew Holland, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- "Centrosome homeostasis in development and disease"
March 4, 2021
- Abby Dernburg, PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- "Patterning meiotic recombination"
February 25, 2021
- Dana Branzei, PhD, IFOM and IGM-CNR
- "Formulation and resolution of replication-associated recombination intermediates."
February 18, 2021
- Shiv Grewal, PhD, NIH/NCI
- "Dynamic regulation of the genome by RNA-based epigenetic mechanisms"
February 11, 2021
- Houra Merrikh, PhD, Vanderbilt University
- "DNAing in bacteria"
February 4, 2021
- Simon Boulton, PhD, Francis Crick Institute
- "Chromosome end protection"
January 28, 2021
- Patrick Sung, PhD, University of Texas, San Antonio
- "Chromosome Damage Repair via tha BRCA Tumor Suppressor Axis"
January 21, 2021 - RISING STARS
- Constance Alabert, PhD, University of Dundee
- "Disruption and restoration of euchromatin and heterochromatin in cycling cells"
- Gheorghe Chistol, PhD, Stanford University
- "Trainspotting with KEHRMIT: Single-Molecular Studies of Genome Maintenance"
- Hee-Won Yang, PhD, Columbia University
- "Regulation of the cell cycle by the DNA damage response pathway"
January 14, 2021
- Tanya Paull, PhD, University of Texas, Austin
- "Mechanisms of DNA double-strand break repair"
January 7, 2021
- Bing Zhu, PhD, Institute of Biophysics, China
- "Epigenetics: from inheritance to memory"
December 17, 2020
- Agata Smogorzewska, PhD, Rockefeller University
- "Molecular pathogenesis of disorders caused by DNA interstrand crosslink repair deficiency"
December 10, 2020
- Petr Cejka, PhD, University of Lugano
- "Activation of the meiotic MHL1-MLH3 nuclease for crossover formation"
December 3, 2020
- Ralph Scully, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Mechanisms of stalled fork repair in mammalian cells"
November 19, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Eunhee Choi, PhD, Columbia University
- "Spindle checkpoint regulators in insulin signaling"
- Alejandro Álvarez-Quilón, PhD, The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- "Endogenous DNA 3' Blocks Are Vulnerabilities for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Deficiency"
- Peter Ly, PhD, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- "Mechanisms of Complex Genome Rearrangements from Cell Cycle Errors"
November 12, 2020
- Alberto Ciccia, PhD, Columbia University
- "Interrogating the DNA damage response at higher resolution"
November 5, 2020
- Keith Caldecott, PhD, University of Sussex
- "DNA Strand Breakage and Human Genetic Disease"
October 29, 2020
- John Diffley, PhD, Francis Crick Institute
- "Stalled Replication Forks and Checkpoints"
October 22, 2020
- Evi Soutoglou, PhD, University of Sussex
- "How to maintain the integrity of the repetitive genome"
October 15, 2020
- Karlene Cimprich, PhD, Stanford University
- "The Causes and Consequences of Replication Stress"
October 8, 2020
- Kristijan Ramadan, PhD, University of Oxford
- "DNA-protein crosslink proteolysis repair"
October 1, 2020
- Philippe Pasero, PhD, University of Montpellier
- "Unintended Consequences of Replication Stress"
September 24, 2020
- Wei Yang, PhD, National Institutes of Health (NIDDK)
- "Programmed DSBs in initiation of V(D)J recombination"
September 17, 2020
- Daniel Durocher, PhD, The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- "53BP1 recognition by RIF1: some answers and a new puzzle"
September 10, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Pierre Billon, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Alberto Ciccia)
- "Detection of Marker-Free Precision Genome Editing and Genetic Variation through the Capture of Genomic Signatures"
- Aakash Basu, PhD, Johns Hopkins University (Recommended by Taekjip Ha)
- "Measuring DNA mechanics on the genome scale"
- Kumar Somyajit, PhD, University of Copenhagen (Recommended by Jiri Lukas)
- "Hypoxia disrupts replicating genomes
September 3, 2020
- Anja Groth, PhD, University of Copenhagen
- "Chromatic replication and genome maintenance"
August 27, 2020
- David Cortez, PhD, Vanderbilt University
- "New insights into genome maintenance during replication"
August 20, 2020
- Steven Henikoff, PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center & HHMI
- "Genome-wide mapping of protein-DNA interaction dynamics"
August 13, 2020
- Neil Hunter, PhD, University of California at Davis
- "MutS and MutL Make out in Meiosis"
August 6, 2020
- Orlando D. Schärer, PhD, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
- "Replicative and TLS Polymerases in ICL Repair"
July 30, 2020
- Taekjip Ha, PhD, Johns Hopkins University & HHMI
- "Very fast CRISPR on demand"
July 23, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Brooks Crickard, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Eric Greene)
- "Rad54 drives ATP-hydrolysis dependent DNA sequence alignment during homologous recombination"
- Nikhil Bhagwat, PhD, University of California at Davis (Recommended by Neil Hunter)
- "An essential role for SUMO in meiotic DSB formation revealed by global proteomics"
- Yi Yin, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles (Recommended by the organizer)
- "Development of a full-fledged mapping platform for mitotic crossover by single-cell multi-omics"
July 16, 2020
- Ivan Ahel, PhD, University of Oxford
- "ADP-ribosylation signalling in regulation of genome stability"
July 9, 2020
- Sue Jinks-Robertson, PhD, Duke University
- "Topoisomerase and genetic instability: lessons from yeast"
July 2, 2020
- Roger Greenberg, PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- "Chromatin accessibility: a new vulnerability in homologous recombination deficient cancers"
June 25, 2020
- Lee Zou, PhD, Harvard Medical School, MGH Cancer Center
- "The ATR signaling pathway: from basic research to targeted cancer therapy"
June 18, 2020
- Lorraine Symington, PhD, Columbia University
- "Role of the Mre11 complex in sensing and repairing DNA damage"