The weekly DNA Dynamics Webinar Series, Social DNAing, sponsored by the Cancer Genomics and Epigenomics Program of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University, aims to provide a virtual meeting room for the genomic instability community across the world.
The series began on June 18th, 2020. The talks begin at Noon ET (U.S.) every Thursday via Zoom.
Join our mailing list to receive weekly webinar announcements. Registration is free, but required for attending the webinar.
A confirmation email including an unsubscription option should reach you shortly upon successful email signup. A Zoom webinar link should follow the registration. If you did not receive the confirmation or the zoom link, please check the email address and try again. Please note webinar sign up is required to receive the Zoom link and can not be substituted by email signup.
April 15, 2021: Anthony K. L. Leung, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
"Tools to investigate poly(ADP-ribose) biology in DNA damage and beyond"
April 22, 2021: Andre Nussenzweig, PhD, NIH/NCI
"Maintenance of Genome Stability"
April 29, 2021: Scott Keeney, PhD, MSKCC
"Mechanism and regulation of meiotic recombination initiation"
May 6, 2021: Eli Rothenberg, PhD, NYU
"Uncovering Key Processes in Replication Fork Remodeling and Repair via Single-Molecule Imaging."
May 13, 2021: Titia de Lange, PhD, Rockefeller University
"Telomeres and cancer: tumor suppression and genome instability."
May 20, 2021: Meet the Editors at 10 am
- Dr. Angela Eggleston, Nature
- Dr. Lara Szewczak, Cell
- Dr. Julian Sale,
- MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Executive Editor, Nucleic Acids Research
- Dr. Brian Plosky, Molecular Cell
- Dr. Jie Wang, Nature Cell Biology
- Dr. Beth Moorefield, Nature Structural and Molecular Biology
- Dr. Anne Mirabella, Nature Communications
Additional Upcoming Webinars
May 20, 2021
- Dr. Sharon Cantor, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- "Focusing on the Gaps in Chemotherapy Response"
May 27, 2021
- Karolin Luger, PhD, University of Colorado/HHMI
- "Interesting stuff about Parp1 and its inhibitors"
June 3, 2021
- Gaëlle Legube, PhD, University of Toulouse
- "Chromatin and chromosome dynamics at DNA Double Strand Breaks"
June 10, 2021 - Rising STARS
- Upasana Roy, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Eric Greene)
- "Single-molecule insights into the role of Rad51 paralogs in homologous recombination"
- Bo-Ruei Chen, PhD, University of Alabama (Recommended by Barry Sleckman)
- Francesca Mattiroli, PhD, Hubrecht Institute (Recommended by Barry Sleckman)
- "Mechanism of nucleosome assembly during DNA replication"
June 17, 2021
- Yonghao Yu, PhD, UT Southwestern
- "Protein Poly-ADP-Ribosylation: Identification, Regulation and Translation."
June 24, 2021
- Andrew Jackson, PhD, The University of Edinburgh
- "Human disorders of genome instability and replication"
July 1, 2021
- John Pascal, PhD, University of Montreal
- "PARP enzymes in the cellular response to DNA damage."
July 8, 2021
- Ross Chapman, PhD, Oxford University
July 15, 2021
- Geeta Narlikar, PhD, UCSF
- "Heterochromatin through the lens of phase separation."
July 22, 2021 - Rising STARS
- Alison Taylor, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Shan Zha/Jean Gautier)
- "Functional and Computational Approaches to Studying Chromosome Arm Aneuploidy"
- Dan Semlow, PhD, California Institute of Technology (Recommended by Judith Campbell)
- "Programmed formation of a DNA protein cross-link during DNA inter-strand cross-link repair"
- Jennifer Urban, PhD, Johns Hopkins University (Recommended by Xin Chen)
- "Studying DNA replication-dependent asymmetric histone incorporation in Drosophila germ cells using genomics"
July 29, 2021
- Chao Lu, PhD, Columbia University
- "Interplay between histone and DNA methylation in development and disease"
August 5, 2021
- Joseph Loparo, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Keeping it together: mechanistic studies of non-homologous end joining"
August 12, 2021
- Zhenkun Lou, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- "Regulation of DNA End Resection"
August 19, 2021
- Irene Chiolo, PhD, USC
- "DNA repair mechanisms in heterochromatin"
August 26, 2021
- Jan Karlseder, PhD, Salk Institute
- "A telomere driven nucleus to mitochondria pathway prevents cancer initiation"
September 2, 2021 - Rising STARS
- Jaewon Min, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Jean Gautier)
- "Mechanisms of chromosomal insertions"
- Christian Zierhut, PhD, The Institute of Cancer Research (Recommended by Alberto Ciccia)
- "Cancer cell fate decisions by innate immune self-DNA sensing"
- Prabha Sarangi, PhD, Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Recommended by Xiaolan Zhao)
- "Investigating the roles of the multi-functional repair protein REV7"
September 9, 2021
- Jim Haber, PhD, Brandeis University
- "Mutations arising during repair of a broken chromosome"
September 16, 2021
- Agnel Sfeir, PhD, NYU
September 23, 2021
- Xiaolan Zhao, PhD, MSKCC
September 30, 2021
- Marco Foiani, PhD, IFOM
- "Mechanisms coordinating the class between replication and transcription"
October 7, 2021
- Johannes Walter, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Mechanisms of Replication-Coupled DNA Repair"
October 14, 2021
- Steve Bell, PhD, MIT
- "Single-molecule Studies of Eukaryotic DNA Replication"
October 21, 2021
- Xin Chen, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- "Breaking symmetry: asymmetric histone inheritance in multicellular organisms"
October 28, 2021
- Kara Bernstein, PhD, University of Pittsburgh
- "A Precision Medicine Approach To Targeting Breast and Ovarian Tumors with RAD51C Mutations"
November 4, 2021
- Jue Wang, PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- "Control of DNA Replication in Bacteria"
November 11, 2021
- Alessandro Vindigni, PhD, Washington University
- "Linking replication fork dynamics to chemotherapy response"
November 18, 2021
- Sarah Lambert, PhD, Institut Curie
- "The resolution of replication stress in space and time in fission yeast"
December 2, 2021
- Andrés Aguilera, PhD, CABIMER
December 9, 2021
- Karim Labib, PhD, University of Dundee
- "Destroying the eukaryotic replisome"
December 16, 2021
- Danesh Moazed, PhD, Harvard University
- "How epigenetic memory is propagated"
January 6, 2022
- John Tainer, PhD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- "Non-B DNA and Nucleases at the Repair/Replication Interface and their Cancer Biology"
January 13, 2022
- Danny Reinberg, PhD, NYU
January 20, 2022
- Samuel H. Sternberg, PhD, Columbia University
January 27, 2022
- Geneviève Almouzni, PhD, Institut Curie
February 3, 2022
- Stewart Shuman, PhD, MSKCC
April 8, 2021
- Vincenzo Constanzo, PhD, IFOM
- "Understanding causes and consequences of DNA replication stress"
April 1, 2021
- Chris Lord, PhD, The Institute of Cancer Research
- "Exploiting synthetic lethality to target cancer"
March 25, 2021
- Maria Jasin, PhD, MSKCC
- "Life without the BRCA2 DBD"
March 18, 2021 - RISING STARS
- Arvind Panday, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Genetic Interaction between BRCA1 and FANCM in stalled fork repair"
- James M Daley, PhD, University of Texas, San Antonio
- "BRCA1-BARD1 functions in homologous recombination"
- Corentin Claeys Bouuaert, PhD, UC Louvain
- "Novel insights into the formation of meiotic DNA double-strand breaks"
March 11, 2021
- Andrew Holland, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- "Centrosome homeostasis in development and disease"
March 4, 2021
- Abby Dernburg, PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- "Patterning meiotic recombination"
February 25, 2021
- Dana Branzei, PhD, IFOM and IGM-CNR
- "Formulation and resolution of replication-associated recombination intermediates."
February 18, 2021
- Shiv Grewal, PhD, NIH/NCI
- "Dynamic regulation of the genome by RNA-based epigenetic mechanisms"
February 11, 2021
- Houra Merrikh, PhD, Vanderbilt University
- "DNAing in bacteria"
February 4, 2021
- Simon Boulton, PhD, Francis Crick Institute
- "Chromosome end protection"
January 28, 2021
- Patrick Sung, PhD, University of Texas, San Antonio
- "Chromosome Damage Repair via tha BRCA Tumor Suppressor Axis"
January 21, 2021 - RISING STARS
- Constance Alabert, PhD, University of Dundee
- "Disruption and restoration of euchromatin and heterochromatin in cycling cells"
- Gheorghe Chistol, PhD, Stanford University
- "Trainspotting with KEHRMIT: Single-Molecular Studies of Genome Maintenance"
- Hee-Won Yang, PhD, Columbia University
- "Regulation of the cell cycle by the DNA damage response pathway"
January 14, 2021
- Tanya Paull, PhD, University of Texas, Austin
- "Mechanisms of DNA double-strand break repair"
January 7, 2021
- Bing Zhu, PhD, Institute of Biophysics, China
- "Epigenetics: from inheritance to memory"
December 17, 2020
- Agata Smogorzewska, PhD, Rockefeller University
- "Molecular pathogenesis of disorders caused by DNA interstrand crosslink repair deficiency"
December 10, 2020
- Petr Cejka, PhD, University of Lugano
- "Activation of the meiotic MHL1-MLH3 nuclease for crossover formation"
December 3, 2020
- Ralph Scully, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- "Mechanisms of stalled fork repair in mammalian cells"
November 19, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Eunhee Choi, PhD, Columbia University
- "Spindle checkpoint regulators in insulin signaling"
- Alejandro Álvarez-Quilón, PhD, The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- "Endogenous DNA 3' Blocks Are Vulnerabilities for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Deficiency"
- Peter Ly, PhD, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- "Mechanisms of Complex Genome Rearrangements from Cell Cycle Errors"
November 12, 2020
- Alberto Ciccia, PhD, Columbia University
- "Interrogating the DNA damage response at higher resolution"
November 5, 2020
- Keith Caldecott, PhD, University of Sussex
- "DNA Strand Breakage and Human Genetic Disease"
October 29, 2020
- John Diffley, PhD, Francis Crick Institute
- "Stalled Replication Forks and Checkpoints"
October 22, 2020
- Evi Soutoglou, PhD, University of Sussex
- "How to maintain the integrity of the repetitive genome"
October 15, 2020
- Karlene Cimprich, PhD, Stanford University
- "The Causes and Consequences of Replication Stress"
October 8, 2020
- Kristijan Ramadan, PhD, University of Oxford
- "DNA-protein crosslink proteolysis repair"
October 1, 2020
- Philippe Pasero, PhD, University of Montpellier
- "Unintended Consequences of Replication Stress"
September 24, 2020
- Wei Yang, PhD, National Institutes of Health (NIDDK)
- "Programmed DSBs in initiation of V(D)J recombination"
September 17, 2020
- Daniel Durocher, PhD, The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
- "53BP1 recognition by RIF1: some answers and a new puzzle"
September 10, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Pierre Billon, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Alberto Ciccia)
- "Detection of Marker-Free Precision Genome Editing and Genetic Variation through the Capture of Genomic Signatures"
- Aakash Basu, PhD, Johns Hopkins University (Recommended by Taekjip Ha)
- "Measuring DNA mechanics on the genome scale"
- Kumar Somyajit, PhD, University of Copenhagen (Recommended by Jiri Lukas)
- "Hypoxia disrupts replicating genomes
September 3, 2020
- Anja Groth, PhD, University of Copenhagen
- "Chromatic replication and genome maintenance"
August 27, 2020
- David Cortez, PhD, Vanderbilt University
- "New insights into genome maintenance during replication"
August 20, 2020
- Steven Henikoff, PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center & HHMI
- "Genome-wide mapping of protein-DNA interaction dynamics"
August 13, 2020
- Neil Hunter, PhD, University of California at Davis
- "MutS and MutL Make out in Meiosis"
August 6, 2020
- Orlando D. Schärer, PhD, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
- "Replicative and TLS Polymerases in ICL Repair"
July 30, 2020
- Taekjip Ha, PhD, Johns Hopkins University & HHMI
- "Very fast CRISPR on demand"
July 23, 2020 - Rising STARS
- Brooks Crickard, PhD, Columbia University (Recommended by Eric Greene)
- "Rad54 drives ATP-hydrolysis dependent DNA sequence alignment during homologous recombination"
- Nikhil Bhagwat, PhD, University of California at Davis (Recommended by Neil Hunter)
- "An essential role for SUMO in meiotic DSB formation revealed by global proteomics"
- Yi Yin, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles (Recommended by the organizer)
- "Development of a full-fledged mapping platform for mitotic crossover by single-cell multi-omics"
July 16, 2020
- Ivan Ahel, PhD, University of Oxford
- "ADP-ribosylation signalling in regulation of genome stability"
July 9, 2020
- Sue Jinks-Robertson, PhD, Duke University
- "Topoisomerase and genetic instability: lessons from yeast"
July 2, 2020
- Roger Greenberg, PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- "Chromatin accessibility: a new vulnerability in homologous recombination deficient cancers"
June 25, 2020
- Lee Zou, PhD, Harvard Medical School, MGH Cancer Center
- "The ATR signaling pathway: from basic research to targeted cancer therapy"
June 18, 2020
- Lorraine Symington, PhD, Columbia University
- "Role of the Mre11 complex in sensing and repairing DNA damage"