Phase 1, window of opportunity study of parasympathetic stimulation with bethanechol in localized pancreatic adenocarcinoma prior to surgery.
1. Are you 18 years of age or greater? 2. Do you have recurrent glioblastoma? 3. Is this the first or second time your glioblastoma reoccurred? 4. Did your first treatment include radiotherapy and temozolomide?
Are you Eligible? (Inclusion Criteria)
- The purpose of this study is to determine whether the drug, bethanechol,
- could potentially be used in combination with surgery to decrease the chance
- of the cancer coming back after it is removed. Bethanechol is a medication
- that regulates the parasympathetic nervous system and is often used to
- manage the side effects of chemotherapy drugs and to manage urinary
- retention. Studies of pancreatic cancer in animal models have shown that
- treatment with bethanechol can inhibit cancer growth and spread. People with
- pancreatic cancer localized to a small area usually undergo surgery to
- remove the tumor.